ECLOF International is looking for a new Managing Director
Invitation to apply for the position of:
Managing Director of ECLOF International
(Closing date: 19 September 2011)
ECLOF International is an ecumenical worldwide organisation delivering financial and related services to disadvantaged and vulnerable people to support them in transforming their lives. ECLOF International currently operates in 21 countries in Asia, Africa and the Americas through national ECLOF Committees. It is registered as a foundation in Switzerland and the Secretariat of approximately 8 staff members is located in the premises of the World Council of Churches in Geneva. The Secretariat of ECLOF International functions as the hub of the organisation, facilitating close relations with the national ECLOF committees, the supporting partner organisations and other organisations in the field of development.
The Managing Director of ECLOF International will head the Secretariat. The Managing Director will work closely together with the Board of ECLOF International, comprising of members drawn from backgrounds that are relevant to the working area. The appointment shall be on a 3-year renewable contract.
The Managing Director is sought from the development finance world and has international stature and recognition in microfinance. In more detail, the following requirements and criteria will guide the selection procedure:
- At least 15 years international working experience, part of this period in a senior management function.
- Direct or indirect experience with microfinance operations.
- Finance skills and acumen.
- Extensive contacts with microfinance investments funds.
- Experience in rural development.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Language abilities: English and French necessary; Spanish is an additional asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently, if required.
- Master or doctorat in relevant discipline.
- Familiarity with national and international church networks.
The organisation has recently developed a new strategy to be implemented by way of inspired leadership, with a focused determination to realize transformative potential. For the right candidate, this presents a really exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that is ambitiously scaling up the impact of its work.
Applications with CVs and letters of interest, as well as requests for further information are to be sent to: ECLOF International Secretariat, P.O. Box 2100, CH-1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland, or firstname.lastname@example.org.